MCS were appointed to carry out the mechanical works at St Augustine’s courtyard Bristol, as part of the university’s want to relocate professional services staff from elsewhere in the university’s estate. This project involved refurbishment of the10,000 sq ft existing building by providing a Cat B fit out across five floors of office space.
The fit out of St Augustine’s Courtyard was delivered as a staged two-phase approach in two 10 week programmes, allowing for staff to move in a staged approach that didn’t impact commitments during busy academic period.
As well as the installation of new services the project involved the significant refurbishment of existing retained services serving occupied areas of the building.
Scope of services
- Ventilation/Ductwork Services including new HRU’s
- BMS/Automatic Controls Installation
- Shutdowns, diversions and modification to existing live services
- Commissioning of Mechanical Services
- Full design responsibility let under a D&B contract
Full validation of existing services within occupied office areas
- New Panasonic VRV Air Conditioning Systems to newly formed meeting rooms & open plan spaces
- Comms Room DX critical cooling installations
- Public Health services to new Tea Points
- Exposed services installation